Why Take This CoursePeople who dive as a part of their job or volunteer duties often need first-aid training to manage unique situations that may occur. DAN's Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro) course is designed for commercial, professional, aquarium and scientific divers, providing first-aid knowledge and skills specific to these work environments. It also provides rescue management skills for dive masters and dive instructors. 15 hours of work with home study and classroom activities.
What You Will LearnDFA Pro is comprised of information from the Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and CPR HCP courses. It meets U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for workplace CPR and first aid. It is also Coast Guard Approved training.
You will learn about:
- Anatomy, physiology, bloodborne pathogens
- Decompression Illness and Oxygen First Aid
- Response, assessment, and medical emergency management
You will develop the following skills:
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial and secondary assessments
- One- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Oxygen first aid administration
- F-A-S-T assessment
- Wound management and bandage and splint application
- Control of external bleeding
- Pressure immobilization technique
- Severe allergic reaction management
Aquanautics will be offering this class once a month. Minimum of three students for class to start. Price includes all student materials. You must register on the phone or in person. Please contact us if you have any questions.